I’m working on a processing sketch that collects all the other things I’ve made so I can let other people play with my programs.

The one from my other post was really the best result I’ve gotten out of it, but I’ll explain what the code does: what I’m doing is comparing the color values for each pixel in each frame with the pixel to it’s right. The code checks if the difference between the red values is lower than a certain threshold (set by the X position of the mouse), and if it is, copies the red value from the last pixel. It does the same thing with green and blue, and then does the whole process again except comparing each pixel with the one below it, and using the mouse’s Y position. If you want more explanation feel free to ask.

Having more luck with gifs. Feel like I understand what I’m doing more of the time now.

More Processing work. This one looks at each pixel and shifts it over based on brightness. Some of the textures it creates end up looking pretty cool. I’m considering doing this again with each color separately to see what happens. Picture taken in the north of Scotland a few years ago. 

Gifs are kind of difficult to work with in Processing. Sometimes I think I know what I’m doing and then it’ll produce a result I didn’t expect or understand.

Edit: This shows up as a gif on my dashboard but not when I click through to my site?

Inspired by a question on reddit and the explanation of they were trying to accomplish. I wrote something in processing that replaces chunks of bytes in one .jpg file with bytes from a different .jpg.

Some deer I photographed while on a bike ride a few years ago. Edited with a Processing script again. What the script does is go through each pixel looking at the RGB values and for pixels darker than a certain threshold value it then shifts everything else of that color over. It then takes the result and does the same thing, but shifts everything the other direction.

Done with Processing. I’m not always sure why the code I’ve written does what it does. This program usually produces something like the second picture, but sometimes…

I edited Kim Asendorf’s pixelsorting algorithm to sort each color separately. 

A doodle I did some time ago, scanned in, and edited with a Processing script.